Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The trading badge used at 234 Bay Street was a simple circular button with your firm name.
After May 9th 1983, a Photo ID was required.
This copy includes:
1. The name of the firm (McLeod)
2. The trading number of the firm (85)
3. The identity of the trader (Ken Rathgeber)
4. A picture of the trader (before he put on 60 pounds)
5. The pink circle indicates that the trader is licensed as a futures trader
6. The yellow circle indicates the trader is a licensed as an options trader
7. The white circle indicates the trader is licensed as an equity trader
8. The RT inserted in the white circle indicates the trader is a Registered Trader (Pro)
9. The blue strip indicates that the trader is a Floor Governor and can make “rulings” on the floor by his interpretation of the rules (Governors also arbitrated trade disputes)
10. Missing from this badge is a gold strip. The gold strip would indicate the trader as a Member seat holder.