Thursday, September 6, 2007

Profile of DAVID TURNER

In April of 1954 Ralph Longbotham hired me as a post boy ("You can’t see across the street from Ralph’s office"). Six months later I moved to Bache and began trading there. Next I went to Wisener MacKellar, Mcleod Young Weir, May Mikilla, Goulding Rose and Turner, Bunting, and Nesbitt Burns. And last but not least I went to the TSE with John Manna, which was a very enjoyable and enlightening experience.

From phony stocks to flaming newspapers, there was never a dull moment. If you were working on a project there was always an expert to advise you.

A highlight for me came in August 1980, when my son Joe got his trading papers.

I retired the day the trading floor closed and I am enjoying life immensely. When I am asked if I miss trading, my answer is no, I just miss the people.

No comments: